Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 2 - Friday, August 28

I experienced Day 2 in Berlin mostly through the overheated and overly heavy eyelids of jet lag. My bags were at last retrieved by Lufthansa and rudely delivered by a belligerent young man who must be unhappy with his job. He was so insulting that I filed a complaint with the airline, something I do not ordinarily do when my feathers are ruffled. I'm usually willing to cut people some slack for having bad days. Not so today. I was high-centered in Hannah's apartment all day, first waiting for Lufthansa to call, then waiting for my bags to be flung at me and it was very hot. Her place is on the third floor with no lift and no air conditioning, which is fairly standard, but does make people unaccustomed to such accommodations a little cranky...

This is the first time I have traveled with a laptop and it changes the feel of being away from home. Nothing seems so far away when I can check email and FaceBook.

I am looking forward to the day when my brain re-engages with the greater world and I begin to think again.

No comments:

Post a Comment